Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bench Press Training

I have not been consistent with a workout plan in the bench press department. It is not for a lack of planning, but for a lack of projected strength. Wednesdays tend to be a long day, so, by bench press time rolls around, sometimes I am strong and sometimes I am weak. Maura and I met up on our own, but we were lucky enough to have lift off expert John Hanson join us. Here is how it went down for me...

Bench Press
75X5
95X3
1" Board
105X5X5
~ The first 3 reps flew up, no problem. Rep 4 made me work, the last rep was a challenging grind. Felt great!

Close Grip Bench Press
85X6
95X4
95X3
95X3
~the last rep was a challenge.

Pull-ups
3,3,3,3,3


3 comments:

Maura said...

I really think those close grips will do a lot for you!

Maura

Ellen Stein said...

ditto-been doing them myself and at best they don't bother my shoulders-it remains to be seen if they will have an overall effect on my pathetic bench!

fawn said...

Well, I am about ready to eat the head off a chicken to improve my bench press... I guess I will settle for close grips for now.