Friday, January 16, 2009

Deadlift Training

It was a good night to train at the Press Gym. Maura, Aaron and Amy were good enough to make it down for some good gym time. Here is how it went down for me...

Sumo Deadlift off 35lb Plates
115X5
145X5
165X3
185X1
220X1X12
~Double overhand grip with straps

Conventional Deadlift off 35lb Plates
220X3X3
~Double overhand grip with straps

Box Squats
Bar + 70lb Bands X5
95lbs+BandsX3X8
~Love box squats

Sumo Rack Pulls
225X3
275X3
315X1
345X1 - belt
365X1 - belt
~Over under grip. Grip was tough for both 345 and 365. I almost thought I might drop the bar.

7 comments:

Aaron Friday said...

365 is crazy heavy. I'm extremely impressed.

KBMarty said...

Your wife is an animal, Aaron. Seriously, she kicks much ass.

fawn said...

Marty,
Thanks for all the supportive compliments! It is a lot of work getting ready for the Arnold... but it should be worth all the fun and excitement.

Babes, I love it when you come to the gym with me. I would never be where I am today without you!

Ellen Stein said...

pretty damn strong considering you benched the day before....how's the creatine coming along?
hey take some video of the rack pulls I would like to see how you are doing them....365 sounds like a ton!

PetitePowerlifter said...

Fawn, that is truly some awesome weight -- I would love to see that video, too. I could never find a rack wide enough to accommodate a sumo stance similar to what I usually use. Having that in your hands has got to feel great!!!

fawn said...

Ellen,
Rack pulls feel like cheating to me... honestly they don't feel very special, but everyone swears by them so I thought I would give them a shot. I will make a video next time, they are so easy, maybe I am doing something wrong.

fawn said...

Cheryl,
I am using the white rack with the pull-up station and big black pins at The Press. I set the pins in the lowest setting, which is about 4" off the ground, and pulled sumo from there. I will show you the next time I see you...