Friday, January 23, 2009

Deadlift Training

There was a big crew of us deadlifting tonight. Anna White showed up with her friend Tammy Dian, an up an coming lifter in the 123's. Russ and Jesse were there. Of course Maura and Aaron were there. The two platforms were being used, so I had to set up my 35lb plate outfit on the floor, next to the squat rack where Gary Edwards was training squats. Here is how it went down for me...

Sumo Deadlifts off 35lb Plates
115X5
145X5
185X3
205X1
220X1
245X1X3
250X1X4
~245 and 250 were difficult, but doable. Here is something to look at...


Conventional Deadlift
225X3
245X1
245X1
~I cannot understand how anyone can move weight this way... it is a journey from the floor to lock out.

Rack Pulls
225X1
275X1
315X1X3
~225 and 275 were conventional, 315 sumo. These seamed much more difficult than last week, so I quit early.

abs.
~god... I hate doing isolated ab exercises. If it were not for Maura, I would have skipped this one tonight.

6 comments:

KBMarty said...

Nice looking lift, Fawn. Great job.

fawn said...

Thanks Marty, those deadlifts were killer.

PetitePowerlifter said...

Looked smooth and easy to me!

fawn said...

Thanks Cheryl! That means a lot coming from you!

Mike T Nelson said...

Wow, that must be a new DL record somewhere for that many people doing DLs at once!
I hope to make it some day. I bruise my sciatic nerve in broomball about 2 weeks ago, so no DLs for me for a few more weeks. boooo hiss.
Rock on
Mike N

fawn said...

We all miss seeing you on DL night!
Get well soon.