Saturday, February 7, 2009

Squat Training

My training schedule has been disrupted again this week. I actually did some bench press training on Wednesday. My energy was so low, I fell asleep on the couch before I could bother to blog about it.

There is going to be a powerlifting meet at The Press Gym on Saturday. That means they need to close the gym early on Friday in order to set up for the meet. Maura got her training in Thursday. I was too wiped out to train Thursday night, I did my training Friday afternoon with Aaron. Here is how it all went down for me...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
165X5
195X3
215X1
235X1
255Xnl
245X1
~ I hit a sticking point about 2/3 up on 255, I just didn't have the energy to gut it out. I have only missed about 3 squats in my life. Here are the last 4 squats including the missed lift.



Box Squats
145X3
175X3X5
~I thought after missing 255 I should work on driving through that sticking point.

It is always disappointing to miss a lift. I don't feel too bad about it, I was low on energy. I feel like I own 245, which is a nice feeling. I still have a month to get it together for the Arnold.

3 comments:

Maura said...

Fawn -

Your technique looks great - depth is awesome! Your 255 looks almost like my 200 did. lol!

Maura

fawn said...

I need some "Zippy" in my 255lbs lift. LOL!

Franz Snideman said...

Your focus and intensity is amazing! Great technique.....and nice depth!!!!