Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Monday Night Squat Party!

Maura and I had a special surprise at the gym, Tammy Dian and Anna White showed up to join us for training. Tammy competes in the 123's. She has the state record in the raw division for bench press. I was very happy someone finally blew my old bench press record out of the water. Anna competes in the 132's and holds all the State records in the raw division. Anna went to Raw Nationals last year with us. Both women are great lifters and it is really nice when they visit us. It is looking like the four of us are going to compete at the Twin Ports meet in Duluth this summer.

The power room at the Press was already busy. The four of us set up two racks for squatting. I always feel stronger surrounded by other strong people. Here is how it all went down for me...

Back Squat
95X5
135X5
165X3
195X3
215X5
215X2X5
~The set of 5 was an experiment... I wanted to see if I could do 5 reps at 215lbs. Otherwise, everything felt great.

Box Squats with Bands
Bands are about 70lbs at the top
95X3
115X3X6
~I wanted to show our guests my favorite squat assistance exercise. All four of us cycled through the box and band set up.

Ham-Glute Machine
8,8,8

3 comments:

Ellen Stein said...

wow 215 for 5 pretty impressive-I don't remember Anna White at Raw nationals-what are her best lifts?-should I be worried?

fawn said...

Anna is in the Juniors division. I think she is only 21 or 22 years old. She will someone for all of us to worry about.

Aaron Friday said...

She's a nice young lady. No need to worry about whether or not you should be worried about her. Be friends instead.