Saturday, May 30, 2009

Bad Blogger

I have been training... I just haven't been blogging about it. I am planning on doing the Duluth Twin Ports Meet at the end of June. Last night was deadlifting. Here is how it went down...

Sumo Deadlift off 35lbs. Plates
115X5
165X5
215X3
255X1X10
~I'm not doing my typical Ellen Stein "Grip and Rip" technique when I pull with the little plates. I am grooving the techniques I picked up from Shawn Cain. I think I got the best pull on the last one. Who would think picking up a barbell off the floor could be so technical? LOL!

Conventional Deadlift
255X2X3
~Went up fine.

Friday nights are low energy nights for me. I am going to have to play around with changing up deadlift night next cycle. I am trying a "Less is More" approach to training. I really wanted to do set of 3 for conventionals, but just didn't have the juice. I also wanted to get one more night of rack pulls before the meet, but felt too tired. Oh well. It will be interesting to see how this next meet goes for me.

No comments: