Sunday, May 10, 2009

Getting back into the Groove

I am lucky enough to have a training partner who is very consistent about training. We have mapped out a schedule that has worked for us for over a year and a half now. I think that is pretty amazing. One thing that makes it easy to have a schedule like this is that Maura is not only my training partner, she is also my friend... our friendship grew from training and competing together other over the past months. We are two women in a male dominated sport who just happen to train at the same gym, be close in size, and have totally different strengths.

Any way, after my Hawaiian vacation, it has been hard for me to get back into the groove. I have a possible meet coming up at the end of June in Duluth. I had better get with it. Here is what went down this past week.

Wednesday

Bench Press
85lbsX3X8

Pull-ups
3X6

Friday

Sumo Deadlift
135X5
185X5
225X3
255X1
285X1,1,1
~Goofed around with my set up a little. Felt heavier than I expected. I do feel like I can pretty much pull 285lbs at any give time.

Conventional Deadlift
225X2X3
~Felt heavy.

No comments: