Monday, June 8, 2009

Training Up-date

Wednesday I worked some lightish bench press. I believe I did 95lbs for sets of 3. Not terribly light for me, but allowed me to work the lat technique Pavel showed me back in April.

Friday was for deadlifting. Here is how it all went down...

Sumo Deadlift
135X5
185X5
225X3
245X1
275X1X7
~I'm back to "grip & rip" on 45lbs plates. Feels great. I was only scheduled to do 6 singles, but I wanted to groove my technique one last time. I feel like I got 2/7 nearly perfectly. This is going to have to improve.

Conventional Deadlift
225X3X3

Good Mornings
135X5X3

I'm doing less work on training days. Sometimes I feel borderline over trained.

Saturday Bench Press.
Normally I bench press on Sundays with Maura, but I went up to Alexandria with Aaron to visit Ralph, my father-in-law. I benched alone early Saturday morning.

Bench Press
45X8
75X5
95X3
110X2X5

TGU
12kg 3X2

2" Board Press
125X2X3
~Lucas showed up and gave me a lift off, lucky for me.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

fawn

for bench press i have one thing to say, three times:

triceps
triceps
triceps.

because when you get SUPER strong triceps you will also get super strong front delts and lats,the other key ingredients to a great bench.
oh yeah and wicked bar speed.
you'll be fine :))

Ellen Stein said...

I kind of agree-I have been doing all of my bench training with a close grip because of my shoulder issues-the end result has been stronger triceps. I now only bench with a normal grip when it comes time for a meet.